Luna Replicas is proud to offer the reissue of these iconic watchbands as an authorized retailer of the revitalized Forstner Bands.
- Stainless steel mesh and hardware
- Spring loaded end links
- Fits watch lugs 16mm-20mm
- Accepts spring bars up to 1.8mm in diameter (including authentic Omega Speedmaster springbars)
- Quick-adjustment strap and clasp
- High quality reissue of the rare & collectible originals
- Custom presentation gift box
Now in two sizes:
- For wrists 7 to 10 inch circumference, approximately (18 cm - 25.5 cm)
- For wrists 5.75 to 7.5 inch circumference, approximately (14.5 cm - 19 cm).
Originally ordered by NASA, the stainless mesh Forsner Komfit band, also sold under the JB Champion name, was the replacement for the standard Omega Speedmaster bracelet. A more readily adjustable and lighter weight bracelet was desired by NASA teams, so the mesh Forstner Komfit/JB Champion bracelet was selected. Not only were they permitted during training, some made early Mercury and Gemini flights!
(Price is for 1 watchband, Omega Speedmaster not included)
Here's the description directly from Forstner:
Forstner, a brand once synonymous with the early NASA space program, is back with the product used by many astronauts during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs: the "Komfit" mesh watch band. We've dubbed this band the "JB" in honor of the Jacoby Bender version that also helped popularize the model.
We've honored the original design to ensure that it still has all the characteristics that gave vintage versions the cult following they deserved, including the unique mesh style, the quick adjustment that allows for a perfect fit, and the interesting clasp. We improved some things as well, in particular, making the band fit perfectly the watch with which it was typically worn in the 1960s -- the Omega Speedmaster. No longer is there a "gap" between the end link and the watch lugs; the band is now adjustable between 16 and 20mm (instead of the prior 16-19mm). And, the band is slightly wider at 16mm vs. 15mm in the prior version, to accommodate the wider end piece and fit more contemporary proportions.